Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ok, I'll add a post!

After many conversations this week that went something like..."When are you ever going to write on your blog?" or "You'll never write anything on your blog." (Rob) and after I reminded people that we weren't in Australia yet so how can I write about it, I have broken down and decided to write my first post today, the morning we leave. I cannot believe we leave today. We're all packed up, have said our not-goodbyes but I'll see you in March, and are waiting for my father-in-law to take us to the airport. (Is it a bad sign that I just typed in hospital without thinking and had to delete it to write airport or am I just that tired?)
I'm not looking forward to the flights (hello Toronto, Vancouver, and then Sydney) but am glad that the company is flying us in business class. My first time. Ah...how the other half lives. But I can't get too comfortable because when I come back in March I am once again relegated to the cattle-car, er, coach section of the plane for my return trip. Nothing like 21 hours in a seat that "reclines".

5 comments:

Mark M said...

Thanks for posting Sandra! We'll be praying for you all! Can't wait to hear about the adventures from down under! How many sentences can I put together that all end in an exclamation point?!

c&v said...

Yea, your first post! The adventure begins:) I hope your travels are going well...and sox says hi.

-val

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

good post! glad you made it safely! how's the yellow couch? hope you're having fun!

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob and Claire said...

Yay, you posted! I've been checking faithfully! : ) I can't wait to hear about all the adventures you will have. I am so jealous!!