Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It Is What It Is...

I got nothin'. (That's the phrase but the former teacher in me still cringes at the grammar.) Not a whole lot going on at the moment. Still going in a couple of days a week to the church to volunteer in the office. Still liking it. Even got taken out last week for Thai food. (My first time eating Thai!) Okay...I only ordered chicken and fried rice but I did try bites of my fellow diner's meals. Pleasantly surprised, in fact, but the jury is still out. I don't like to try new foods.

The week is passing a bit slow, due to the fact that Phil is away right now in Singapore. Bummer. I don't even have him here to ply with questions as soon as he steps in the front door. "How was your day? What did you have for lunch? Do you know what I had for lunch? What are we going to do for dinner? Do you want to go out? I wonder what's on tv tonight? Guess where I walked today?" etc. etc. I'm sure he's glad for the reprieve. (while also missing me, the joy of his life.)

I really just wanted to put up another post to check and see if people can now post comments. For some reason, the last two posts wouldn't let people do that. Due to the overwhelming demands of my reading public (okay...two people asked what was up) I, the tech wiz that I am, was determined to fix the wrong and let you be heard. I think I found out the problem, although I'm not really sure and just hope that the comment thingie (official tech wiz language) appears at the end of this post. Good news, however. The blog will once again get interesting after this weekend because Phil and I are leaving the country!

Not to head back to the states just yet, but we're spending a long weekend in New Zealand. We're heading to Christchurch on Friday morning and then driving to a little town in the mountains called Hanmer Springs. For those of you who are uninformed (which was me until just a bit ago), New Zealand is made up of two islands and we're headed to the South Island. People here have said to me that it is the better one to go to because it's just so beautiful. They remark that the Lord of the Rings movies were filmed there.

Well...that doesn't do anything for me, because I think I've only seen one of them. I say I think because I don't remember a whole lot about it. Something about a ring, a guy named Frodo, and some guy with a long white beard? I don't know. It was just kind of dark and had lots of suspense in it...which I don't do when it comes to movies. But, at any rate, if I come across any signs that say, "LOR filmed here" I'll take a picture for all you fans. So...on that note, hopefully my next posts will contain stunning pictures and witty prose about our trip to New Zealand.

And on a totally different note...I just found out at the library this afternoon (while reading the New York Times...yes, I have time on my hands at the moment) that Grant Balfour, a pitcher for the Tampa Bay baseball team is from Sidney. An Australian who plays American baseball?? Interesting, yes, but in no way pulls my allegiance from our beloved Philadelphia Phillies who play in the World Series(!!!!!) this week. Darn it...Murphy's Law states that one will be thousands of miles away on the other side of the world when your team finally makes the World Series. Hopefully we can still watch it in New Zealand this weekend to say...GO PHILLIES!!!

3 comments:

wendy said...

your little comment thingie is back :) I, too, was wondering if you just were sick and tired of all the comments from us jealous people. (You know, the ones who don't get to go to New Zealand this weekend, but will instead be home vacuuming and such.) Try not to be too bored while Phil is gone. It's good to know you've got the trusty ol' library as one of your backup plans.

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

Now how is it that you can write about nothing, & yet make it so stinkin' entertaining??

Mary said...

So glad we can post now! Thanks for fixing it, you should get job in the Is dept. at you know where when you return....SO KIDDING!