Tuesday, November 11, 2008

In the Air Again...

Just can't wait to get in the air again...everyone, sing along. You can thank the Lankfords (more realistically, Phil's company) for single-handedly keeping the airlines afloat in these bad economic times. Phil and I leave tomorrow afternoon for Singapore. Yes...I'm heading back to the country that smells like one giant Chinese restaurant. Not sure what I'm going to do with myself while Phil is working, but if I come across anything interesting...you'll be the first to know.

We may also fly over to Malaysia on Friday night or Saturday. Kuala Lumpur (no idea if that's spelled right) to be exact. And did you know that only the US prounces Lumpur like lum-pour with emphasis on pour? Everyone else says Lumpur like lump-er, emphasis on lump. No, I'm not making this stuff up. We may also throw in a quick trip to Indonesia. I'll keep you posted by well...posting.

After my mini-Southeastern Asian tour, I head for home on Monday. After a straight-through, non-stop, 18 hour plane ride from Singapore to New York. Good times. But it's all good...I'm heading home for the holidays! Phil unfortunately has another week in Singapore, then a week in India (poor guy...he's going to have to eat turkey curry for Thanksgiving...how depressing), a week back here in Sydney and then will join me back in Philly in early December. Then we can celebrate Christmas together in the cold weather...as it's supposed to be when it's December!

1 comment:

Beavis said...

Reminds me of yet another song....Ooooooohhhh I'm flyin' my life away....looking for a better day....ooohhh me...(remember one of our blessed UP trips driving in the white station wagon??:)You guys definitely have seen some amazing places-just take lots of pics and ignore the smells if you can! Miss you and can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!! Very safe travels...love you!