Monday, March 31, 2008

Back to Australia Tomorrow

I can't believe our trip home is just about over. Phil and I leave tomorrow afternoon to fly back to Australia. Him (because it was a business trip)- flying business class on Air Canada. Me- got bumped to first class from Philly to San Francisco because I'm now silver preferred status (whoo hoo) but relegated to the cattle-car in economy for the lovely 15 or so hour flight from San Francisco to Sydney on United. Sigh. Lucky us, we'll have our own version of the Amazing Race to see who gets to Sydney first. Listed below is the Top 10 List of the Best Things About Coming Back Home.

1. Rubbing my nose in Sox's fur as his tail wags furiously for a very happy reunion.

2. Drinking plenty of cans of Diet Coke in glasses filled to the top with lots of ice.

3. Sleeping in our own bed again.

4. Cheesesteaks.

5. Being back at our home church.

6. Being with family a lot.

7. Eating mom's roast with carrots, potatoes, and rutabaga. (I know I'm picky, but I do like rutabaga.)

8. Spending Easter in Ohio with the fam.

9. Pizza from Peppi's. Nothing like it.

10. Lots of hanging out with good friends eating, laughing, and talking just like old times.

No comments: