Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Heading Back...Really, I Am This Time

That's right. On Thursday I step on the plane (then get off in Toronto, wait a couple of hours, and then step on another one and then step off in Vancouver, wait a couple of hours, and then step on another one and finally step off in Sydney. Thirty or so hours later. Sigh) to head back to Australia. With mixed feelings.
One the one hand...I've really gotten used to being back in the states these last six weeks. (Sheesh, has it really been six weeks?) I zip around town driving without the sweaty palms. Calm, cool, relaxed. And yes, singing loudly. Hanging out with great friends....talking, laughing, watching movies, catching up. Being with Sox. Seeing family...and just when did my oldest nephew grow taller than I am?? Sitting in church thinking I just love this place. And yes, eating Chick-Fil-A. (I need to admit though, with head bowed, I'm officially sick of their chicken sandwich.)
On the other hand...I really miss Phil. This living on two sides of the world is getting really old. What fun is living at home when my "home" is in actuality getting himself ready for bed in a hotel in India at the moment.
So...yes, it sort of stinks to be leaving here, but I'm looking forward to being back together with Phil. And seeing all of our friends in Australia. And getting back to daily walks around Sydney. And eating not-baked-but-fried apple pies at McDonald's. (bad but oh, so good.) And trips to Max Brenner's for some seriously good hot tea. And planning all of our travel adventures for the next couple of months...who knows...a trip to the capitol-Canberra (see, there's this really cool war museum there), Melbourne, the Outback (but isn't Ayer's Rock just a big ol' rock?), New Zealand, Vanuatu, and maybe even a trip back to the Barrier Reef...

2 comments:

wendy said...

Ya, I don't think I'd like it either if my Phil was in some hotel room in India.

Go on, get over there with him. Have yourselves a merry little reunion.

Bob and Claire said...

Well, I'm looking forward to a return of your fun posts! I'm living vicariously through your adventures! : )