Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Uh... I'm Still in the States

That's right. I'm still here in the States. I know...what? Here's the short version of how this went down on Saturday morning. (Only because Phil has repeatedly said in the past that I'm very good at making a short story, long.)
Once we both got to Sydney, we would've had about a week and half together before Phil had to leave for a week in India. (And no, I have no desire to go there...have you smelled Indian food lately?) Nor did I really have the desire to stay in Australia by myself while Phil was away. Phil needed to make a trip to Manila and good ol' Singapore at some point as well, so he suggested that I just stay here while he combines all three of these places into one trip. (I know...this is a long story. See? I'm good at it.)
So...all that to say that I don't leave to go back to Sydney until the 18th of September. More time with friends. More time with Sox. Maybe another trip to Ohio to see the fam. And yes, more time to enjoy Chick-Fil-A. (I should really get a comp sandwich or two for all of this free advertising they get on my blog.)
I've already crossed off one thing on my "List of Things to Do While I'm Still in the States" list. I painted the downstairs bathroom. Chocolate brown. I like it! (Although the thought did cross my mind that perhaps chocolate brown shouldn't be the color of choice in a bathroom...I'm sure Rob will have one or two oh-so-witty things to say about it.) I've done much of the taping for the master bathroom as well and will probably paint that later this week. It's going to be a silvery blue color. And I may even finally get to finish stripping the paint off of my grandma's hoosier cabinet (I think that's what it's called) and refinishing that as well.
I know Phil is thinking, "Yeah, right!" at that one...that's the project that I said I would do when he left for a month on a business trip to Luxembourg... two months after we got married...eleven years ago. You never know...this could be the year.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Sandra!! I love reading your blog and keeping up on your adventures in Australia!! It all sounds so exciting! I would love to see you sometime when you're in town!

wendy said...

so it's been a few days since you've posted - how's that cabinet coming along??? i was just wondering :)

i survived the first week. thank the good Lord it was only 3 days. this class overall is soooo much better than the one i had last year. but i always forget how little they are when they come back in at the beginning of the year. i have lots of training to do, that's for sure!