Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I won, I won, I won !!!

That's right! I beat Phil by 15 minutes in our Amazing Race back home. I managed to get the straight through flight from San Francisco after all (and for less than $70 bumped myself to Economy plus seating!) and even had the whole row of three seats to myself to stretch out and sleep for an hour and a half! Felt real good after the miserably, long flight from Sydney where the girl in front of me had her seat back so far, it dug into my knees the entire flight. Yeah, that was fun. I admit, I couldn't resist the extra hard shove of the seat everytime I got up to stretch. I know...not nice. But it was all worth it to see the look on Phil's face when I met him at his gate (which happened to be right next to mine). Priceless.
Now as for my list of things I was dreaming about...
Seeing Sox- check. Oh, so nice.
Eating a Cheesesteak- yet to come
Sleeping in our own bed- check. Felt like I was laying on a marshmellow. Man, there's something to be said for a memory-foam, pillow-top mattress.
Drinking glasses of Diet Coke filled to the top with ice- check. Four and counting...
Watching tv shows that aren't reruns from years ago- yet to come. Who has time for tv when I'm catching up on all these other things?
Pizza from Peppi's- yet to come but did have Brother's Pizza tonight. Mmmm.
Going to Phillies games- check. And last night's game...The Phillies beat the Rockies 20-5. Hits and home runs galore. And a bonus...dollar dog night at Citizen's Bank Park. Ashley declined the hot dogs, I had one and Phil had three, but Gregg took the prize with five.
Being with friends and family- check. Just the best, with more to come.
Driving on the right side of the road- check. It's so nice to drive without the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that I just may hit something this time.
There's no place like home.

4 comments:

wendy said...

welcome back to the us of a. and a happy belated anniversary to you too. congratulations on your big win. so. . .is this like a vacation from work or is phil doing work back home for a bit? one more question - do they not have ice in australia?

Kristin Mortensen said...

Welcome home! Hey, Drew was at that game also. His brother took him. He said it was a great game. Well, hope to see you soon.

Sandra said...

Hey Wendy,
Thanks. It's so good to be back. Unfortunately, this isn't a vacation for Phil. He'll be going in to work each day. (While taking 10:00 pm calls from Australia at night.) Grrr...
And yes, they do have ice but for some odd reason, they just don't put it in drinks. When I ask, they'll put in 2 or 3 small cubes. What's the point, you know?

Mary said...

what the heck do they use ice for if they don't put it in drinks??????? haha :)