Monday, July 28, 2008

Now That's A Bad Day...

Came upon this awhile ago on one of my walks around the city. Of course, it's not real, but just a statue? exhibit? right outside of an art gallery. Did make me look twice, though.
For those wondering...yes, I did make it through my foray into Malaysian food on Saturday night in Darling Harbour. I give you my choices to choose from (taken straight from Chinta Ria's menu).

1. Assam Fish: Rockling fillets simmered in a delicious spicy tangy tamarind flavoured sauce with tomatoes, string beans and pineapple pieces

2. Red Temple Chicken: Chicken roulade smothered with a lightly spiced red sauce of chili, lemon grass, coconut, garlic and tomatoes

3. Gado Gado: Steamed beanshoots, shredded cabbage, tofu, and cucumber dressed with our spicey peanut sauce and garnished with egg slice and pappadams

4. Soya Sauce Chicken Rice: Quarter chicken served with steamed rice and bok choy

Can you guess which one was for me? (Keeping in mind that the only fish I eat is usually battered in beer, I don't do chicken smothered in anything, uh, tofu...yeah right, and just what is a pappadam?) That's right...the soya sauce chicken. Wasn't bad, either. (No, I didn't try the bok choy. Just had chicken and rice.) I tried to eat it and my rice with my chopsticks, but soon gave that up to use my fork. Finished the meal with a walk to Max Brenner's Chocolate Bar for dessert (Phil's favorite). And what, you may ask does one order at a chocolate bar if one doesn't like chocolate? My usual...hot tea with a slice of banana bread hold the chocolate dipping sauce. Speaking of food...I give you our new favorite place to eat in The Rocks...
the first place we've eaten at here that has pizza somewhat like American pizza. That's not to say it's anywhere in the league of Peppi's or Brother's, but it's still pretty good. In fact, we're going to eat there tonight before Phil leaves for Singapore tomorrow morning.
Bad news...he's going to be in Singapore for a whole week.
Good news...I changed my flight back to the States (after 6 calls and 4 hours on the phone with Expedia.com. Yeah...that was a good time.) so that I leave to go back this Wednesday! Whoo hoo! Why stay all by myself in the apartment when I can be in the good ole' USA a week early?
Bad news...I'm looking at about 32 hours door to door from Sydney to Philly via Vancouver and Toronto.
Good news...this time I get to fly business class since this is a company paid trip home. Double whoo hoo!

No comments: