Friday, July 25, 2008

The Weekend Starts This Afternoon

After my exciting posts (no, really they were) about the pope's visit to Sydney, things have calmed down this week. I was excited to get back to Bible study on Tuesday morning (they've been off because of school holidays) but alas, once I got to the church realized that I hadn't been informed that they weren't starting up again till next week.
Luckily for me, two others were not informed of this either so we all decided to drive down to this cafe for coffee. (And no, I have not changed my opinion that coffee smells much better than it tastes. I had tea.) On the plus side...the cafe was in a huge Christian bookstore (yippee for me). The down side...I saw to my dismay that there were cars on either side of "Beast" in the parking lot when I left the cafe. Great.
Now, I never park next to anyone here. Mainly because I know I would hit something
(and hopefully not someone) if I tried to back up. When I got to the parking lot, and saw my predicament, I began to sweat. Profusely. I went to one side of the car and said, "How am I even supposed to open this door to get in?" Then sheepishly remembered that the steering wheel is on the other side of the car. Yeah, really.
Don't panic, I thought.
I can do this, I thought.
I'm hyperventilating, I thought.
Do we have car insurance here, I thought.
Slow, deep breaths. Even slower movement out of the parking space. I'm sure if anyone was watching from the bookstore, they got a really good show. But all went well, I didn't hit anything (or anyone), and made my way to the mall. Where I proceeded to park 25 feet from the nearest car.
Anyway, this afternoon, Phil and I have tickets to see a Cirque Du Soleil show (Dralion) which he gave me for my birthday last month and then dinner afterwards. Cool! And tomorrow night...we're meeting friends from church for dinner in Darling Harbour.
At Chinta Ria.
A Malaysian restaurant.
gulp.
I have no idea what I'll find to eat.

No comments: