Monday, July 7, 2008

Tokyo Disneyland Continued

Sorry it's been a few days since the last post. We had a busy weekend (which I'll post about later in the week). But to continue our tour of Tokyo Disneyland. Okay...we're walking, we're walking (my tour guide lingo).

Here is a picture of Snow White. Jess was curious...are the Disney characters in Tokyo Disney Japanese-looking with wigs or do they look more like what you're used to seeing in Florida or California? Well, being the aggresive blogger that I am-leaving no stone unturned, using the powerful camera lens, (ok, she was about 10 feet in front of us) and peering through all that makeup, I think the Disney characters are Japanese. Here's a closeup of Belle and Beast too, from the parade we watched. You be the judge. (And by the way...the Japanese are serious here about watching their parades or being the first to line up to see a show. Most bring their own tarps to lay out and sit on (a good 2 hours before the parade or show is supposed to start and camp out). Sheesh...it's just a parade/show. But I digress...

We left the park and then came back later that night...


managed to catch part of the Electrical Light Parade...


Saw the castle all lit up...

but did not see the fireworks over the castle because they were cancelled due to inclimate weather. Whatever that was, because it was not raining. Tomorrow...on to Disney Sea, the park right next door to Disneyland.

2 comments:

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

Taylor and I can't decide so we'll go with your theory...Snow White looks Japanese to me, but Taylor says she looks American ...whatever. I wonder if they spoke English... Where there many foreigners like you there? Thank you for your investigation. I can die a satisfied woman now.

Sandra said...

They did speak English, which surprised me because I think I could count on one hand the number of non-Japanese people I saw the entire day at the park.